- ‘Men and women like us’
One in 10 migrants who embarks on the sea crossing from Libya to Italy dies in the attempt. After the latest tragedy in the Mediterranean in which almost 1,000 people drowned, Italy is demanding more support from its European partners
- Home News
- World News
- Parish Practice
- Letters Extra
- The living Spirit
- Church agencies in race to reach survivors of Nepal earthquake as death toll continues to rise
- Every diocese in England and Wales asked to have a Holy Door during Year of Mercy
- Next Government must work closely with religious groups, says UK Cardinal
- Francis to visit Fatima for 100th anniversary of Marian apparitions
- The close relationship between Scottish bishops and the SNP Tom Gallagher
- US nuns’ relief that the Vatican’s investigation fizzled out Professor Margaret Susan Thompson
- Failure to recognise the Armenian genocide has left Britain politically illiterate Igor Dorfmann-Lazarev
Catholic financier and arts patron John Studzinski has been awarded the Prince of Wales Medal for Arts Philanthropy, making him the first individual to hold both that and the Prince of Wales Ambassador Award.
Mgr Marcus Stock was today ordained and installed as the new Bishop of Leeds.
Dominican bioethicist Anthony Fisher, who was installed as Archbishop of Sydney on Wednesday, vowed to improve the Church’s record on safeguarding and apologised for sexual abuse committed by clergy.
Work by the Catholic Education Service has ensured that changes to the Religious Studies GCSE syllabus to make it more academic, and compel the study of two religions instead of one, will maintain a Catholic ethos.
Pope Francis is to publish an encyclical on climate change and plans to convene a meeting of faith leaders on the issue ahead of two crucial summits on the environment next year.
Ireland’s new ambassador to the Holy See presented her letters of credence to Pope Francis on Tuesday, three years after the country closed down its embassy after the Cloyne Report into child abuse revealed serious Vatican shortcomings.
Kenyan Catholic bishops have reiterated their opposition to a controversial tetanus vaccine campaign, saying their independent tests have proved the doses are laced with a hormone “that causes infertility and multiple miscarriages”.
The first prior of the Community of St Anselm at Lambeth Palace, which will bring together young Christians of all denominations for about a year, was announced by the Archbishop of Canterbury this week.
The Redemptorists have reduced the asking price for their pastoral centre, Hawkstone Hall, by £750,000 to £4.25 million.
Bishops from across Europe gave thanks for the European Union at a commemoration of the First World War at the battlefield of Verdun in north-eastern France on Tuesday.