- Grim parody of a golden age
The jihadist group now calling itself the Islamic State, which has terrorised religious minorities in Syria and Iraq, has declared its intention to restore the caliphate. Yet the extremists’ aims are remote from those of earlier Islamic rulers
- Home News
- World News
- Parish Practice
- Letters Extra
- The living Spirit
- US Bishops pour cold water on Ice Bucket Challenge because money could support embryonic stem cell research
- Pope Francis calls parents of American journalist murdered by British jihadist
- Archdiocese wins legal row with Satanists as consecrated host intended for black mass is returned
- Cardinal angers abuse victims by suggesting Church is not responsible for priests’ crimes
- Stop scapegoating Muslims: social disaffection has many causes, and they won’t be solved by blunt Government intervention Francis Davis
- Pope Francis has transformed the Church – it’s time the Church stopped stifling groups who embrace that transformation Chris McDonnell
- Francis' support for Romero cause is exciting because of its urgency - could he be beatified by end of 2015? Julian Filochowski in El Salvador
Unique in its international coverage of religion, current affairs, politics, social issues and the arts, The Tablet is a weekly Catholic journal which has been reporting on events of significance for 170 years.
Save up to 44% off the cover price of The Tablet when you take advantage of our special introductory subscription offer to the print edition, available to first time subscribers.
• Enjoy more articles and international Church news
• Exclusive Letter from Rome
• Church news from Britain and Ireland
• Special reports and analysis of official church documents
• Editorial comment, a vibrant letters page and the newsy Notebook section
• Latest books reviews, both secular and religious
• Arts section ranging from cinema to gallery reviews
• Spiritual inspiration from the regular Living Spirit column
• Searching interviews with religious, political and literary figures
• Subscription includes free online version + archive
For a print subscription which includes online website access (Click on appropriate discounted introductory rate)
Either a 6 month or a 1 year subscription
United Kingdom from £51.50 for 6 months or £89.00 for 12 months
(normal full annual rate £116)
ROI and Europe from €78.00 for 6 months or €138 for 12 months
(normal full annual rate €183)
Airmail Worldwide from £64.00 for 6 months or £105.00 for 12 months
(normal full annual rate £140)
USA & Canada from US$83.50 for 6 months or US$150 for 12 months
(normal full annual rate US$199)
Our Subscriber Guarantee means that should you find that The Tablet is not for you after all, just contact us to cancel your subscription and we will refund any remaining money.
You can also subscribe by:
Call quoting the NE14 offer.
In the UK: 01795 414855
From abroad: +44 (0)1795 414855
Lines are open between 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and 9am-1pm Saturdays.
Please send your instructions via fax to +44 (0)1795 414555.
Please send your instructions to us at the address indicated below, together with your payment (cards and cheques accepted).
1 King St. Cloisters
Readers in the UK can take advantage of our FREEPOST address:
The Tablet, FREEPOST SW3087, London W6 0BR