- Ties that bind
Scots are soon to vote on independence. This week, in the first of two articles examining the implications of the ballot for the two countries, a writer steeped in the cultural and linguistic links between Scotland and England argues that they are indivisible
- Home News
- World News
- Parish Practice
- Letters Extra
- The living Spirit
- Jordan’s Christians and Muslims march together in demonstration of determination to live side by side
- Catholics hit hard by end of free faith school transport, exclusive research by The Tablet reveals
- Ancient Irish parishes 'will be wiped out' if current vocations decline continues
- Academics respond to Devine’s call for Scottish independence
- The difference between Ebola treatment in the West and the developing world reflects our attitude towards the poor D J Kearnery
- Stop scapegoating Muslims: social disaffection has many causes, and they won’t be solved by blunt Government intervention Francis Davis
- Pope Francis has transformed the Church – it’s time the Church stopped stifling groups who embrace that transformation Chris McDonnell
An Anglican bishop is to lead a parliamentary inquiry into food poverty in the wake of a row between church leaders and politicians over its causes.
Pope Francis has chosen one of the Irish hierarchy’s most enthusiastic and hardworking bishops to lead the cross-border Diocese of Derry.
Ugandan Catholic Church leaders are backing the controversial anti-homosexuality legislation that President Yoweri Museveni signed into law on Monday.
A group of charities has established a fund to support trainee Religious Education teachers wanting to work in secondary schools in response to the Government’s withdrawal of training bursaries for the subject.
Pope Francis has asked an American televangelist for his blessing in a seven-minute, homemade video that was broadcast in January at a convention for Evangelical Charismatic ministers in Texas.
Maria von Trapp, the last surviving member of the singing family immortalised in the Sound of Music, died at the age of 99 last weekend. She was a devout Catholic and former missionary.
When Pope Francis created 19 new cardinals on Saturday, British Catholics' attention was focused on Westminster Archbishop Vincent Nichols, who was one of only four Europeans to receive the red hat. But London was also represented by the choir of Westminster Cathedral.
A priest who has spent more than 20 years on the run in Spain has pleaded guilty to multiple charges of sexual assault of children, including of altar boys.
Pope Francis has written to families ahead of October’s Synod on the challenges they face, asking for their “crucial” support in prayer.
The former Archbishop of Canterbury, Lord Carey, has hit out at senior clergy including his successor, Justin Welby, for criticising welfare cuts.