- Wanted: a shepherd for the Windy City
One of the most important sees in the United States, Chicago, has to be filled, after Cardinal Francis George declared his wish to resign on the grounds of age and ill-health
- Home News
- World News
- Parish Practice
- Letters Extra
- The living Spirit
- Nichols and Welby plead for end to Gaza 'carnage' and 'self-defeating' violence
- Principal lay ministry course backed by Cardinal Hume ends as funding dries up and applicant numbers fall
- German bishops: Churches share blame for Europe’s slide into First World War
- French cardinal calls for solidarity of ‘flesh and blood’ with Iraqi Christians as he arrives in Kurdistan
The Tablet Lecture 2014 in audio
Bishop Kevin Dowling
"From South to North: lessons for the Church from the developing world"
Born in Pretoria and ordained as a Redemptorist priest in 1967 Kevin Dowling was appointed the Bishop of Rustenburg in 1990. He has ministered in various parts of South Africa, including townships in Cape Town and Pretoria and has been at the forefront of the Church’s response to the HIV/Aids pandemic.