- Who will inherit the earth?
World leaders meet in Paris on Monday for the latest round of talks on reducing carbon emissions. Differences between rich and poor countries threaten the search for solutions
- Home News
- World News
- Parish Practice
- Letters Extra
- The living Spirit
- Pope in Africa: Corruption is present in all parts of life 'including the Vatican', Francis tells young people
- Francis arrives in war zone of Central African Republic as "pilgrim of peace"
- Pope praises “ecumenism of blood” of Anglican and Catholic martyrs in Uganda
- Francis arrives in Uganda calling for transparent governance
- Pope in Africa: Francis' trip to Africa the most profound of messages to climate change conference in Paris Christopher Lamb in Nairobi
- Any peace plan for Syria must involve a secular society - and that means Assad is an option John Eibner
- Depriving Isis of a home is key to victory, but the West must avoid humiliating Muslims in defeat Clifford Longley
The Tablet Lecture 2014 in audio
Bishop Kevin Dowling
"From South to North: lessons for the Church from the developing world"
Born in Pretoria and ordained as a Redemptorist priest in 1967 Kevin Dowling was appointed the Bishop of Rustenburg in 1990. He has ministered in various parts of South Africa, including townships in Cape Town and Pretoria and has been at the forefront of the Church’s response to the HIV/Aids pandemic.