Other articles by this author
- Meritocracy is ultimately a flawed project
- Once the doorway to fanaticism has opened, it is hard to close
- Lost in the post
- It is no coincidence that Pennsylvania voted for Trump and Wales for Brexit
- There is a presumption that there is something not right about homosexuality
- There needs to be a discussion about the pastoral care of cohabiting relationships
- Human sexuality remains a mystery, with many surprises still to come
- Politicians inhabit a virtual reality that ordinary people can tell at a glance is false
- How cruel Christianity can be to its own most faithful servants
- Austerity no longer promises anything but more of the same – no jam tomorrow
- The use of Latin conveyed that the liturgy was dealing with sacred mysteries
- A newly fertilised embryo is not, in any common sense view, a ‘person’ as you and I
- It is facile to dismiss Labour’s nationalisation proposals as Marxist
- To Karol Josef Wojtyla, freedom of speech was an alien concept
- Referendums seriously diminish the sovereignty of Parliament
- The bishops’ statement is a quantum leap from condemnation and disapproval
- Has Humanae Vitae subtly corrupted the Catholic soul in some way?
- Why cannot there be another consultation to energise the Catholic faithful?
- When it comes to the world of work, is Catholic Social Teaching now the only show in town?
- The Church is at last beginning to take financial sin as seriously as sexual sin
- Heartless Britain: a bureaucratic algorithm is applied to untidy personal circumstances
- No conviction could ever be based on the uncorroborated word of an admitted liar
- There is still an argument for celibacy as a sacrifice made for the sake of others
- Without any fanfare, Labour has absorbed Catholic Social Teaching into its policies
- Have the Catholic Bishops of England and Wales permitted Pelagian heresy?
- 2018: The year when public opinion will swing decisively against Brexit.
- Why Tim Farron has yet again got it wrong on gay sex
- Is it time for the bishops to make a 'bonfire of their vanities'?
- The Pope has branded fake news as the devil's work. What does this mean?
- Could measures to limit the freedom of anti-abortion protesters to stand outside abortion clinics be justified?
- Brexit, Boris and betrayal: Clifford Longley pens an open letter
- Why Russia and America must both stand back from Syria
- Windrush has cast dark shadow over reputation of Theresa May
- The Church’s teaching on the real presence of Christ in the liturgy is broader than people realise
Sign up for our newsletterSign Up
Most Read Articles
Manage my subcription hereManage