- Pilgrimage to nowhere
There has long been an ambivalence about the man who was both the ultimate betrayer and the means by which God’s plan was fulfilled. The author of a new book visits the lonely place where the renegade apostle took his own life
- Home News
- World News
- Parish Practice
- Letters Extra
- The living Spirit
- Cardinal says Boko Haram must be priority for Nigeria’s new president-elect
- Bishops shut down synod debate on communion for divorced and remarried in media
- Muslim and Christian leaders in Lebanon call for terrorism to be weeded out of politics and education
- US Archbishop Cordileone defends right to ban altar girls
- At last, a Grand Mufti taking extremists to task Archbishop Michael Fitzgerald
- Sepp Blatter has scored an own goal taking on religion Jimmy Burns
- The new Missal has failed Bishop Donald Trautman
Texts, speeches, homilies
The reality of the lives of Catholics across the world is revealed in the working document for the forthcoming Extraordinary Synod on Marriage and the Family.
The document, or instrumentum laboris, was made public at the Vatican. It highlights the many forms of family that make up the Catholic faithful today. One section, called Difficult Pastoral Situations, highlights cohabitation, de facto unions, the divorced and remarried, teenage mothers, canonical irregularities and annulment issues.
Read the full text.