- ‘Do you hear the cry of the poor?’
The fate of millions of people in this war-ravaged corner of East Africa depends on an uncertain peace agreement signed this week. A former British government minister, just back from visiting refugee projects in the area, assesses the country’s prospects
- Home News
- World News
- Parish Practice
- Letters Extra
- The living Spirit
- Former Apostolic Nuncio to Dominican Republic Wesolowski dies inside the Vatican
- New Dow Jones 'socially responsible' index announced to guide Catholic investors
- Fall in number of Catholic MPs in the House of Commons ahead of landmark debate on assisted dying
- Cardinal Koch praises Pope's fresh approach to ecumenism that 'sets him apart' from predecessors
- Time for one-day migrant strike Paul Donovan
- Why are the Kenyan bishops being so difficult about vaccine campaigns? Maureen Duggan MD FRCPCH Sheffield
- Better a prenup than a fearful avoidance of marriage Ayesha Vardag
Texts, speeches, homilies
The reality of the lives of Catholics across the world is revealed in the working document for the forthcoming Extraordinary Synod on Marriage and the Family.
The document, or instrumentum laboris, was made public at the Vatican. It highlights the many forms of family that make up the Catholic faithful today. One section, called Difficult Pastoral Situations, highlights cohabitation, de facto unions, the divorced and remarried, teenage mothers, canonical irregularities and annulment issues.
Read the full text.