- Tide of suffering in an unholy war
Jan De Volder
As the Islamist group Boko Haram is said to be surrounding the city of Maiduguri in the latest stage of its campaign of violence against Christians and Muslims alike, an expert on the country considers why the authorities are powerless to halt its progress
- Home News
- World News
- Parish Practice
- Letters Extra
- The living Spirit
- Cardinal Burke lashes out at Kasper over claims he 'speaks for Pope Francis' on divorce and remarriage
- Christians branded 'troublesome gangsters of Hong Kong' in suffrage protests
- Bishop says church hierarchy had no idea of his affair with woman six years ago
- Westminster auxiliary John Arnold appointed new Bishop of Salford
Texts, speeches, homilies
The reality of the lives of Catholics across the world is revealed in the working document for the forthcoming Extraordinary Synod on Marriage and the Family.
The document, or instrumentum laboris, was made public at the Vatican. It highlights the many forms of family that make up the Catholic faithful today. One section, called Difficult Pastoral Situations, highlights cohabitation, de facto unions, the divorced and remarried, teenage mothers, canonical irregularities and annulment issues.
Read the full text.