- When the dream becomes a nightmare
It was ranked alongside Russia, India and China as an emerging global economic powerhouse but now the pillaging of Brazil’s natural resources, corruption at the highest levels and a crippling drought is threatening that status
- Home News
- World News
- Parish Practice
- Letters Extra
- The living Spirit
- Pope Francis grants sweeping powers to Cardinal Pell’s Economy Secretariat
- Orthodox Patriarch joins French President Hollande on climate change visit to Philippines
- Clegg welcomes Churches' election guidance and admits faith 'hasn't happened to me – yet'
- Catholic Church fears liquidation in Russian-occupied Crimea over failure to meet registration deadline
Texts, speeches, homilies
The reality of the lives of Catholics across the world is revealed in the working document for the forthcoming Extraordinary Synod on Marriage and the Family.
The document, or instrumentum laboris, was made public at the Vatican. It highlights the many forms of family that make up the Catholic faithful today. One section, called Difficult Pastoral Situations, highlights cohabitation, de facto unions, the divorced and remarried, teenage mothers, canonical irregularities and annulment issues.
Read the full text.