- Wanted: a shepherd for the Windy City
One of the most important sees in the United States, Chicago, has to be filled, after Cardinal Francis George declared his wish to resign on the grounds of age and ill-health
- Home News
- World News
- Parish Practice
- Letters Extra
- The living Spirit
- Hundreds march to demand Government action on cleansing of northern Iraq's Christians
- Five die in attack after makeshift bomb thrown into Catholic church in Nigerian city of Kano
- Head of London Oratory rejects charge of white middle-class bias in admissions policy
- Catholic author Stratford Caldecott to be buried alongside Tolkien who inspired his conversion
The Tablet Lecture 2014 in audio
Bishop Kevin Dowling
"From South to North: lessons for the Church from the developing world"
Born in Pretoria and ordained as a Redemptorist priest in 1967 Kevin Dowling was appointed the Bishop of Rustenburg in 1990. He has ministered in various parts of South Africa, including townships in Cape Town and Pretoria and has been at the forefront of the Church’s response to the HIV/Aids pandemic.