- Now the talking really begins
Pope Francis wanted frankness and openness and that is what he got. But there is also the sense that the real debate in the Church about marriage and families is only just starting
- Home News
- World News
- Parish Practice
- Letters Extra
- The living Spirit
- Pope calls for abolition of death penalty and life sentences and urges Catholics to campaign against them
- Former Irish safeguarding head attacks bishops’ ‘empty gestures’
- Myanmar Church educates voters to ensure credible election
- Vatican says Italian diocese facing investigation over alleged misbehaviour of priests
The Tablet Lecture 2014 in audio
Bishop Kevin Dowling
"From South to North: lessons for the Church from the developing world"
Born in Pretoria and ordained as a Redemptorist priest in 1967 Kevin Dowling was appointed the Bishop of Rustenburg in 1990. He has ministered in various parts of South Africa, including townships in Cape Town and Pretoria and has been at the forefront of the Church’s response to the HIV/Aids pandemic.