- Tide of suffering in an unholy war
Jan De Volder
As the Islamist group Boko Haram is said to be surrounding the city of Maiduguri in the latest stage of its campaign of violence against Christians and Muslims alike, an expert on the country considers why the authorities are powerless to halt its progress
- Home News
- World News
- Parish Practice
- Letters Extra
- The living Spirit
- Bishop says church hierarchy had no idea of his affair with woman six years ago
- Westminster auxiliary John Arnold appointed new Bishop of Salford
- Pope Francis likens neglect of older people in care homes to ‘hidden euthanasia’
- Iraqi Patriarch condemns US-led air strikes ‘that will prompt mass exodus’
The Tablet Lecture 2014 in audio
Bishop Kevin Dowling
"From South to North: lessons for the Church from the developing world"
Born in Pretoria and ordained as a Redemptorist priest in 1967 Kevin Dowling was appointed the Bishop of Rustenburg in 1990. He has ministered in various parts of South Africa, including townships in Cape Town and Pretoria and has been at the forefront of the Church’s response to the HIV/Aids pandemic.