- Farewell to old certainties
The rise of smaller parties and the relatively static position of Labour and the Conservatives has made the outcome of next Thursday’s poll difficult to predict. Could it be that the two-party system is on its way out?
- Home News
- World News
- Parish Practice
- Letters Extra
- The living Spirit
- Cardinal Murphy-O’Connor's shame and regret at moving paedophile priest who went on to abuse another child
- Pope tells Anglican-Catholic dialogue meeting that today’s Christian martyrs are an instrument of unity
- Hermits ordered to leave presbytery after bringing diocese into disrepute
- Chastity group withdraws leaflet warning sex outside marriage 'destroys the soul'
The Tablet Lecture 2013
"Shaping the Papacy in a Changing World"
From John Paul II to Pope Francis
Robert Mickens has been The Tablet’s Rome correspondent from 2001 to 2003 and from 2005 to the present and writer of the paper’s popular weekly column, “Letter from Rome”. He is regularly featured as a Vatican-affairs analyst for the BBC in Great Britain, ABC in Australia and National Public Radio in the United States