- Ties that bind
Scots are soon to vote on independence. This week, in the first of two articles examining the implications of the ballot for the two countries, a writer steeped in the cultural and linguistic links between Scotland and England argues that they are indivisible
- Home News
- World News
- Parish Practice
- Letters Extra
- The living Spirit
- Jordan’s Christians and Muslims march together in demonstration of determination to live side by side
- Catholics hit hard by end of free faith school transport, exclusive research by The Tablet reveals
- Ancient Irish parishes 'will be wiped out' if current vocations decline continues
- Academics respond to Devine’s call for Scottish independence
- The difference between Ebola treatment in the West and the developing world reflects our attitude towards the poor D J Kearnery
- Stop scapegoating Muslims: social disaffection has many causes, and they won’t be solved by blunt Government intervention Francis Davis
- Pope Francis has transformed the Church – it’s time the Church stopped stifling groups who embrace that transformation Chris McDonnell
Give The Tablet for Christmas
Save up to 33% off the cover price
Do you know a friend, relative, colleague or parish priest who would enjoy reading The Tablet? Or what about a treat for yourself?
Give a gift subscription to The Tablet this Christmas and you know that you will be giving something really worthwhile – six months of stimulating and entertaining reading. You will also benefit from our special Christmas discount, which represents a saving of up to 33% off the cover price.
Plus you’ll receive a free gift when you take out a gift subscription
or two free gifts if you give two gift subscriptions.
You’ll also receive free the CD My Kind of Carol (worth £9.95)
and a free Parker Jotter pen (worth £8).
Subscriptions start with the special Christmas double issue
and last for six months (25 issues).
We will also send you a special gift card for each recipient
- please ensure you place your order by 11 December
to guarantee the cards arrive with you before Christmas
Servants: A Downstairs View of Twentieth-century Britain
An extensively researched and brilliantly observed social history of the last century through the eyes of those who served. From the butler, the footman, the maid and the cook of 1900 to the au pairs, cleaners and childminders who took their place seventy years later, a previously unheard class offers a fresh perspective on a dramatic century.
|Signs of the Times: Seven Paths of Hope for a Troubled World
Fifty years ago, Jean Vanier founded L’Arche, a new kind of Christian community which would welcome people with severe intellectual difficulties in a shared life of freedom and mutual respect. Jean Vanier identifies seven paths towards societies which are more truly inclusive of all their members, whatever their weaknesses and strengths.
|Yes, And… Daily Meditations
This perennial book features 366 meditations, each written by Rohr and adapted or excerpted from his many written and recorded works. The meditations are arranged around seven themes: methodology, foundation, frame, ecumenical, transformation, process and goal.
Christmas Gift Subscription Rates – 25 issues
How to order
Online via a Secure server
Fill in the secure form: Christmas Gift Subscription form
Telephone us on +44 (0)1795 414855
quoting source code 3860
Please send your instructions via fax to +44 (0)1795 414555.
Please send your instructions to us at the address indicated below, together with your payment (cards and cheques accepted).
PO Box 326
Kent ME9 8FA