- Exodus of biblical proportions
Hounded out of their homes by Islamist violence, Iraqi Christians face what many fear may be their final festive season in the land of their fathers as many prepare for exile
- Home News
- World News
- Parish Practice
- Letters Extra
- The living Spirit
- Midnight Mass: the ritual under threat from drunken yobbos and a drastic shortage of priests
- Francis names Cardinal Tauran as new camerlengo as Bertone retires
- Iraqi prelate says his London church is treated with 'profound disrespect' by local youths
- Liverpool’s archbishop talks about plans for his diocese, views on the synod and run-ins with Rome in interview
- Why priests are under pressure on Christmas Eve Fr Mark Minihane OSA
- Christmas under curfew in Nigeria Fr John Bakeni
- Francis’ US-Cuba coup demonstrates the Church’s soft power Christopher Lamb
Pope Francis has removed the entire board of the Vatican's financial watchdog in his latest attempt to rehabilitate the troubled Vatican bank.
A Christian team that patrols the infamous suicide site at Beachy Head, East Sussex, saving hundreds of lives each year, may be disbanded due to lack of funding.
Catholics may find it difficult to train as midwives following new government guidelines stating that they can administer abortions, according to a leading Catholic doctor.
Pope Francis has admitted that he wasn’t always keen on Catholic charismatics but said that he had learned to love them when he addressed a major gathering in Rome last Sunday.
Immigration and initiatives such as pub and café churches have slowed the long-term decline in church attendance across Britain, new figures have revealed.
Pressure is growing in County Galway for a memorial to be erected to 796 babies and children believed to have been buried in a septic tank beside a home for unmarried mothers run by the Bon Secours nuns in Tuam between 1925 and 1961.
In the Queen’s Speech today the Government pledged to introduce a bill to combat human trafficking and slavery.
Cardinal Vincent Nichols, the archbishop of Westminster, ordained Fr Nicholas Hudson an Auxiliary Bishop for the diocese this morning.
Pope Francis is set to visit the southern Italian town where a three-year-old boy was murdered by the mafia earlier this year.
An Indian Jesuit priest who heads the Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) in Afghanistan has been kidnapped.