- Adjust your moral compass
He is the economist credited with having the most influence on the Archbishop of Canterbury. And Paul Dembinski is clear that regulation is not enough to improve banking - a fundamental cultural shift is needed
- Home News
- World News
- Parish Practice
- Letters Extra
- The living Spirit
- Bishop attacks Cameron’s ‘hostile’ migrant rhetoric as Church ramps up efforts to help those sleeping rough in Calais camps
- Planned Parenthood under spotlight as cardinal laments ‘throwaway culture’
- Cardinal hopes gay Masses can be rolled out throughout Church in England and Wales
- New York cardinal clashes with Republican hopeful Donald Trump over immigrants
- If I reject David Cameron’s values, am I an extremist? Laura Keynes
- Tangle of alliances is throttling Middle East’s Christians John Eibner
- The problem for Catholics with the new UN poverty reduction targets Dr Gillian Paterson
Salvadoran Archbishop Oscar Romero will most likely be beatified in San Salvador within the next five months and canonised by 2017, according to a campaigner close to the martyred prelate’s cause for sainthood.
Religious broadcasting on BBC radio dropped by 37 per cent last year, according to figures from the corporation.
Big business needs to pay its fair share of taxes, the Archbishop of Canterbury has said.
The Pope has said that he is “truly sorry” for offending large families by saying that there was no need for Catholics to breed “like rabbits”.
Two cases of possession of child pornography were among dozens of crimes committed within the Vatican last year, the state’s chief prosecutor has revealed.
The Archbishop of Canterbury said the atheist broadcaster Stephen Fry had every right to describe God "were he to exist", as "utterly evil, capricious and monstrous,” and should not be abused by Christians for his views.
Pope Francis is to take part in an online video conference with disabled children to promote the use of technology to improve education.
An American rabbi who led a campaign against a Catholic convent at the Auschwitz concentration camp has urged the Pope to close a church at the nearby Birkenau, or Auschwitz II, extermination centre.
Pope Francis has signed a decree declaring Archbishop Oscar Romero died a martyr, raising expectations that a beatification could be announced within months.
Sarah Teather is among four new trustees named today to the board of the Caritas Social Action Network.