- More or less
The television version of Hilary Mantel’s novel Wolf Hall is the latest account to challenge St Thomas More’s reputation as a courageous defender of the rights of conscience. Was he, in truth, a liberal icon, a religious fanatic or something in between?
- Home News
- World News
- Parish Practice
- Letters Extra
- The living Spirit
- Historic ordination of first woman bishop in Church of England throws down unity challenge
- Churches warn MPs not to rush into passing ‘irresponsible’ three-parent baby law
- BBC shakes up religious programming in drive to cut costs that sees religion grouped with history
- Indian President marks Republic Day with message of religious freedom amid concerns over Hindu nationalism
- Tainted theology Fr Ashley Beck
- Churches should be safe places for those with mental health issues Katharine Welby-Roberts
- Did we have to lower our flags for the Saudi king? Alistair Macdonald-Radcliff
Pope Francis has celebrated an open-air Mass for tens of thousands of Catholics in the Philippine city of Tacloban which was flattened by Typhoon Haiyan just over a year ago.
Pope Francis did not disappoint hundreds of former street children who were part of a massive campaign to show him one of the centres where they have found safety and love.
Pope Francis issued his strongest defence yet of the Church’s teaching on artificial contraception on Friday, urging families at a rally in Asia's largest Catholic nation to be "sanctuaries of respect for life".
A leading Catholic educationalist is urging the Church in England and Wales to consider reversing its decision not to open any new Catholic academies.
A controversial Saudi-financed centre for interfaith dialogue is being threatened with closure because of Saudi Arabia’s dismal human rights record.
A crossbench peer is to argue on Friday in the House of Lords that the High Court alone should decide whether a terminally ill patient can end their own life early.
A delegation of Catholic bishops from across the world was unable to enter Gaza to say Mass at a local parish after being held up for eight hours by Israeli security forces.
A Catholic archbishop in Northern Nigeria has accused the West of ignoring the threat and continuing atrocities of the Islamist terrorist group Boko Haram.
Pope Francis said his five-day visit to the Philippines is “all about the poor”, as reports have emerged of street children being thrown in detention centres ahead of his visit.
Pope Francis has defended the right of freedom of speech but warned against offending other religions.