- Spread of the French malaise
The ever-increasing clash between the sacred and the secular is slowly pulling European society apart, one of the continent’s leading thinkers tells Tom Heneghan
- Home News
- World News
- Parish Practice
- Letters Extra
- The living Spirit
- 400-year-old Jesuit-run Heythrop College announces closure after merger talks end in failure
- World’s richest must listen to the poor, not treat them as afterthought – Pope tells capitalism conference
- Pope Francis condemns terror attacks while cardinal mourns with imam
- President of US Catholic Bishops' Conference calls Supreme Court ruling on marriage 'tragic error'
- Pope's encyclical is a wake-up call to all religions Fazlun Khalid
- Pope Benedict’s Good Friday prayer caused huge offence and should go Sr Margaret Shepherd
- Should the Church come between Christ and his flock? Bill Wright
Pope Francis has stressed that, despite church doctrine against contraception, Catholics fail to practice "responsible parenthood" when they have too many children.
Russia’s Orthodox Church has unveiled a new “Orthodox financial system” to counteract Western sanctions, as Patriarch Kirill appealed to citizens not to “dramatise” the current decline of the rouble.
A fund-raising campaign by the Archdiocese of Westminster has raised almost £40 million in gifts and pledges.
The Prime Minister has said there is a right to offend someone’s religious faith – disagreeing with Pope Francis’ comments on freedom of speech.
Hundreds of thousands of Filipinos lined the streets of Manila this morning to catch a final glimpse of the Pope Francis as he travelled to the airport to fly home from a week-long trip to Asia which culminated in a Mass that drew more than 6 million people.
Pope Francis has celebrated an open-air Mass for tens of thousands of Catholics in the Philippine city of Tacloban which was flattened by Typhoon Haiyan just over a year ago.
Pope Francis did not disappoint hundreds of former street children who were part of a massive campaign to show him one of the centres where they have found safety and love.
Pope Francis issued his strongest defence yet of the Church’s teaching on artificial contraception on Friday, urging families at a rally in Asia's largest Catholic nation to be "sanctuaries of respect for life".
A leading Catholic educationalist is urging the Church in England and Wales to consider reversing its decision not to open any new Catholic academies.
A controversial Saudi-financed centre for interfaith dialogue is being threatened with closure because of Saudi Arabia’s dismal human rights record.