- Exodus of biblical proportions
Hounded out of their homes by Islamist violence, Iraqi Christians face what many fear may be their final festive season in the land of their fathers as many prepare for exile
- Home News
- World News
- Parish Practice
- Letters Extra
- The living Spirit
- Midnight Mass: the ritual under threat from drunken yobbos and a drastic shortage of priests
- Francis names Cardinal Tauran as new camerlengo as Bertone retires
- Iraqi prelate says his London church is treated with 'profound disrespect' by local youths
- Liverpool’s archbishop talks about plans for his diocese, views on the synod and run-ins with Rome in interview
- Why priests are under pressure on Christmas Eve Fr Mark Minihane OSA
- Christmas under curfew in Nigeria Fr John Bakeni
- Francis’ US-Cuba coup demonstrates the Church’s soft power Christopher Lamb
Ed Miliband has criticised a suggestion by the Government that child benefit should be limited to two children.
“Hell touched us”, the Archbishop of Sydney said yesterday during a Mass for victims of the siege at Martin Place.
Mgr John Armitage, the vicar general of Brentwood Diocese, has been appointed the new Rector of the Shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham.
Work and Pensions Secretary Iain Duncan Smith has defended cuts to welfare payments following criticism of them by senior Catholic Church leaders.
The former President of Ireland, Mary McAleese, has been appointed as a professor at St Mary’s University in London.
A priest who left active ministry after admitting a relationship with a woman is being replaced by a married priest.
Cardinal Christoph Schönborn has said that some participants’ responses at October’s Extraordinary Synod on the Family were characterised by fear.
A church-backed campaign to boycott fossil fuels is unrealistic will not solve the challenges of climate change, a leading energy expert has said.
The woman tasked with carrying out the Vatican’s three-year investigation into the health of Religious life in the US admitted she faced resistance and criticism from fellow sisters.
The Vatican has announced that Pope Francis will hold a consistory to name new cardinals early next year.