- Now the talking really begins
Pope Francis wanted frankness and openness and that is what he got. But there is also the sense that the real debate in the Church about marriage and families is only just starting
- Home News
- World News
- Parish Practice
- Letters Extra
- The living Spirit
- Pope calls for abolition of death penalty and life sentences and urges Catholics to campaign against them
- Former Irish safeguarding head attacks bishops’ ‘empty gestures’
- Myanmar Church educates voters to ensure credible election
- Vatican says Italian diocese facing investigation over alleged misbehaviour of priests
A new documentary on how the Church is changing under Pope Francis will be broadcast on Maundy Thursday by Catholic television network Salt and Light.
The Francis Effect includes interviews from a range of senior church figures including the Cardinal Archbishop of Boston, Sean O’Malley, one of the Pope’s closest advisers.
There are also contributions from leading news anchors including Anderson Cooper of CNN and Diane Sawyer of ABC News explaining the impact of Francis’ style and persona on the media.
Click here for more information and viewing times.