- Profits before people
The last 30 years have been characterised by a growing dependence on private companies to provide public services but there has been a human and economic cost to letting the market determine price
- Home News
- World News
- Parish Practice
- Letters Extra
- The living Spirit
- Church in Ireland threatens to pull out of civil element of marriages
- Judge rejects adjudicator's "flawed approach" and rules in favour of London Oratory
- St Mary’s and Heythrop enter “final discussions” over landmark Catholic higher education deal
- Political parties pledge support for persecuted Christians but lukewarm on faith schools
- Palestinian Christians’ nine-year battle against the Israeli Wall Fr Paul Lansu
- The nation-changing issue no party is talking about Denis MacShane
- Ordinariate needs to integrate into the Church Fr Ashley Beck
A new documentary on how the Church is changing under Pope Francis will be broadcast on Maundy Thursday by Catholic television network Salt and Light.
The Francis Effect includes interviews from a range of senior church figures including the Cardinal Archbishop of Boston, Sean O’Malley, one of the Pope’s closest advisers.
There are also contributions from leading news anchors including Anderson Cooper of CNN and Diane Sawyer of ABC News explaining the impact of Francis’ style and persona on the media.
Click here for more information and viewing times.