- Our best weapons are words
One hundred years ago this week, diplomacy failed and the world descended into war. Outrage at recent events in Gaza and Ukraine may be justified, but although the risks of failure are high we must not abandon diplomatic efforts to find lasting solutions in the world’s trouble spots
- Home News
- World News
- Parish Practice
- Letters Extra
- The living Spirit
- Pope Francis ‘is plotting a path to unity’ and could invite Orthodox to help run the Church, says new aide Enzo Bianchi
- Birmingham's radical plan for faith groups and council to work together to deliver services and social action
- Vatican calls for more sober, less worldly greeting at sign of peace
- Correction and apology to the Diocese of Portsmouth
- There was no comprehension of the scale of the approaching war Jamie Callison
- Oath could be first step in bankers’ return to credibility Fr Christopher Jamison OSB
- A sombre Ramadan and subdued Eid for Muslims in 2014 Muhammad Abdul Bari
A new documentary on how the Church is changing under Pope Francis will be broadcast on Maundy Thursday by Catholic television network Salt and Light.
The Francis Effect includes interviews from a range of senior church figures including the Cardinal Archbishop of Boston, Sean O’Malley, one of the Pope’s closest advisers.
There are also contributions from leading news anchors including Anderson Cooper of CNN and Diane Sawyer of ABC News explaining the impact of Francis’ style and persona on the media.
Click here for more information and viewing times.