- When the dream becomes a nightmare
It was ranked alongside Russia, India and China as an emerging global economic powerhouse but now the pillaging of Brazil’s natural resources, corruption at the highest levels and a crippling drought is threatening that status
- Home News
- World News
- Parish Practice
- Letters Extra
- The living Spirit
- Cardinal Pell's economic watchdog hits back at 'fictional' expenses accusations
- Nichols: all election candidates should explain their stance on immigration
- Pope praises co-operatives and rails against economy that enslaves the poor
- Francis leads prayers for kidnapped Christians as Aleppo bishop says thousands forced from their homes
Prayer is rewarding and renewing, the Queen said today, in a Christmas Message in which she urged people to “pause and take stock.”
She said that making time for quiet contemplation was important and spiritually revealing in a time of many distractions.
"Be it through contemplation, prayer, or even keeping a diary, many have found the practice of quiet personal reflection surprisingly rewarding, even discovering greater spiritual depth to their lives,” she said.
Reflecting on the christening of her grandson, Prince George, earlier this year, she said that the Christian faith was one of joy and service, and that no one was beyond the reach of God’s love.
"For Christians, as for all people of faith, reflection, meditation and prayer help us to renew ourselves in God's love, as we strive daily to become better people. The Christmas message shows us that this love is for everyone. There is no one beyond its reach,” she added.