- Clear challenge to the Church in Ireland
Ireland’s bishops are considering the way forward after the country voted two to one in favour of same-sex marriage
- Home News
- World News
- Parish Practice
- Letters Extra
- The living Spirit
- Ireland is worse than the pagans for legalising gay marriage, says senior cardinal
- Incoming bishop of Arundel and Brighton pays tribute to Kieran Conry
- Pell under pressure on to return home as former priest jailed for abuse continues to testify
- Vatican media must reallocate resources for the internet age, says Lord Patten after major review
- Even the gangs declared a truce for Romero’s beatification Clare Dixon in San Salvador
- Irish vote shows the Church needs to rethink its theology of sexuality Ursula Halligan
- Greatest threat to Palmyra is Western apathy Nadim Nassar
Pope Francis asked people to join him in prayer today after he learned that two of his little great nephews and their mother had died in a car crash in Argentina and his nephew was in critical condition.
The dead were identified as the wife and two young sons of Pope Francis' nephew, Emanuel Horacio Bergoglio: Valeria Carmona, 39, Antonio Bergoglio, eight months, and Joseph Bergoglio, two years.
According to Argentine news reports, the 35-year-old son of the pope's late brother Alberto Bergoglio underwent emergency surgery and was on a respirator.
The crash occurred in the early morning hours on the highway between Rosario and Cordoba.