- Exodus of biblical proportions
Hounded out of their homes by Islamist violence, Iraqi Christians face what many fear may be their final festive season in the land of their fathers as many prepare for exile
- Home News
- World News
- Parish Practice
- Letters Extra
- The living Spirit
- Francis damns ‘diseased’ Curia for its vanity and ‘spiritual Alzheimer’s’ during annual Christmas meeting
- 'Questionable' financial activities leave Franciscans in serious debt
- Midwives denied right not to supervise abortions have lost 'basic human right', says Bishop of Paisley
- Midnight Mass: the ritual under threat from drunken yobbos and a drastic shortage of priests
Pope Francis asked people to join him in prayer today after he learned that two of his little great nephews and their mother had died in a car crash in Argentina and his nephew was in critical condition.
The dead were identified as the wife and two young sons of Pope Francis' nephew, Emanuel Horacio Bergoglio: Valeria Carmona, 39, Antonio Bergoglio, eight months, and Joseph Bergoglio, two years.
According to Argentine news reports, the 35-year-old son of the pope's late brother Alberto Bergoglio underwent emergency surgery and was on a respirator.
The crash occurred in the early morning hours on the highway between Rosario and Cordoba.