Latest Issue: 23 May 2015
- Raised to the altars: one who fell for the poor
A champion of the poor or someone mixed up in politics? A man who died for the faith or because he was a political inconvenience? Archbishop Oscar Romero’s beatification today confirms his stature and illuminates his model of holiness
- Home News
- World News
- Parish Practice
- Letters Extra
- The living Spirit
- Pope Francis on giving up television, speaking without thinking and refusing to cry in public
- Vatican media must reallocate resources for the internet age, says Lord Patten after major review
- World needs 'charism of Catholic universities', Cardinal says at ceremony to install him as St Mary's chancellor
- Burke warns Oxford audience of dictatorship of relativism in which Christians seen as extremists
- Even the gangs declared a truce for Romero’s beatification Clare Dixon in San Salvador
- Irish vote shows the Church needs to rethink its theology of sexuality Ursula Halligan
- Greatest threat to Palmyra is Western apathy Nadim Nassar
- Does the Vatican's survey on the big issues show that Rome is really listening?
- Vatican family life questionnaire: time is running out
- Dear Cardinal Nichols, will you be as brave as Pope Francis?
- Saints and popes have flaws
- If there’s a shortage of priests in Ireland, why not ordain women to the diaconate?
- In the last 50 years a pope has not been criticised so brazenly
- Will the bishops be any more open about their second consultation on family?
- Loyal ACTA has been misunderstood
- Women deacons could solve Pope’s conundrum