- More or less
The television version of Hilary Mantel’s novel Wolf Hall is the latest account to challenge St Thomas More’s reputation as a courageous defender of the rights of conscience. Was he, in truth, a liberal icon, a religious fanatic or something in between?
- Home News
- World News
- Parish Practice
- Letters Extra
- The living Spirit
- Historic ordination of first woman bishop in Church of England throws down unity challenge
- BBC shakes up religious programming in drive to cut costs that sees religion grouped with history
- Churches warn MPs not to rush into passing ‘irresponsible’ three-parent baby law
- Pope enlists volunteer barbers to give the homeless a haircut in St Peter's Square
- Tainted theology Fr Ashley Beck
- Churches should be safe places for those with mental health issues Katharine Welby-Roberts
- Did we have to lower our flags for the Saudi king? Alistair Macdonald-Radcliff
- A terrible humanitarian disaster is now overtaking two European cities
- Why are soldiers much better at relief work than the supposed professionals?
- Mr Erdogan has not lifted a finger to protect Kobane from the IS assault
- Could the recent violence in Jerusalem be the spark that ignites a third intifada?
- The entire Russian economy seems likely to be pulled into recession next year
- The inescapable truth is that the girls were not ‘abducted’, but enslaved