Christopher Lamb in Rome
Other articles by this author
- Pope Francis seeks to redress last year's harsh words for the curia
- Is the Catholic church's sex abuse crisis threatening to overwhelm Pope Francis?
- Francis gives away a lot to the Russians in joint agreement
- Will Pope Francis bring the Society of Saint Pius X in from the cold in this year of mercy?
- Apostolic Exhortation on the family: Pope Francis is calling for a new openness on the part of the Church
- View from Rome
- Synod: Can the Church cope with a bit of mess?
- Can a synod be manipulated?
- German theology and pastoral sensitivity key to opening up synod
- Synod is about more than just family - it's about a legacy
- Cardinal Marx gives 'no change' group a basic theology lesson
- Communion: internal solution for divorcees that's already there
- Progressives at synod manage expectations ahead of final document
- Final synod document leaves Pope room for manoeuvre
- Pursuit of power at heart of Vati-leaks II
- Vatican and money: something old, something new, nothing borrowed in Catholic Church
- Pope is readying Catholic Church for the 'change of an era'
- Has Pope Francis just opened a door for non-Catholics to receive communion?
- Finance and Vatileaks becomes a pressing issue as 2015 draws to a close for Pope Francis
- When it comes to Christian Unity, the Pope operates a 'personal ecumenism
- Pope Francis washes his feet of traditional liturgists
- Letters written by Saint John Paul II reveal his deep humanity
- Italy's historic same-sex legislation begs the question: is the Church's position changing?
- Five things Donald Trump should bear in mind when appointing his new Vatican ambassador
- Synod: Supporting families theme of first week, says Nichols
- Wuerl disputes claims of synod manipulation
- Francis to set up new dicastery on Laity, Family and Life
- Moderate named new head of Catholic Church in Belgium
- Pope interviewed by homeless man for The Big Issue
- Leaking Vatican will not deter me from my reforms says Pope
- US aid to Africa not dependent on same-sex marriage policy, envoy to Vatican says
- Two journalists who wrote Vatileaks II books are under criminal investigation, says Vatican
- Pope Francis calls for humanity to counter 'homicidal hatred' of Paris terrorists
- Vatileaks II author refuses to appear in front of Pope's prosecutors
- Pope Francis to go ahead with trip to African country torn apart by religious conflict
- Three former Vatican officials and two journalists to face trial over Vatileaks
- Vatileaks trial: Holy See defends its legal system as Parolin set to be called as witness
- Muslims and Christians broker secret peace deal during Pope Francis' visit to Central African Republic
- Cardinal Pell unable to fly to Australia for sex abuse inquiry because of pre-existing heart condition
- Cardinals agree to focus on decentralisation of Catholic Church at meeting of C9
- Let mercy bring peace to war-torn parts of the world, Pope says in Christmas message
- Europe is overburdened by migrants, Pope warns world's diplomats
- Pope says God's covenant with Jews 'irrevocable' in visit to Rome's synagogue
- Million to march for family values as Italy prepares to vote on gay civil unions
- Francis to become the first pope to visit the Great Mosque of Rome
- Easter foot washing ceremony can now include women, Pope Francis decrees
- Pope Francis urges President of Iran to work with Catholic church to combat terrorism
- Cardinal Pell lectures bishops over finances as 'dishonesty is not unknown' in church
- Pope Francis woos China with tales in praise of its greatness
- Abuse campaigner disputes removal from Vatican child protection commission
- Has the Pope changed the Catholic Church's teaching on the use of contraception?
- Pope Francis: Vatican officials must not 'neglect or mistreat'
- George Pell sticks to his story over the serial abuse of Gerald Ridsdale
- Pope approves new transparency rules for the creation of saints
- 'Vatileaks' trial to resume as defendant sent back to Vatican jail
- Pope Francis to wash migrants' feet on Holy Thursday
- Vatileaks priest 'was not lucid' when he passed documents to press
- Chaouqui threatened to destroy priest accused of leaking Vatican documents
- Pope warns priests at Chrism Mass against spiritual blindness
- Arms dealers must take responsibility for atrocities like Brussels, Pope says
- Pope to visit refugees on island of Lesbos
- Five things to remember about the Pope’s synod document
- Pope Francis appoints Mexico nuncio as his ambassador to the US
- Pax Christi puts pressure on Vatican to end its support for 'just wars'
- The play's the thing for first ever performance of Shakespeare at the Vatican
- Cardinal Walter Kasper: Amoris Laetitia 'changes everything'
- Bernie Sanders' visit to Rome sparks internal Vatican row
- Pope Francis takes Muslim refugees home on Vatican plane after visit to Lesbos
- Sant’Egidio's charitable works reflects vision of Pope Francis
- Amoris Laetitia opens up communion for divorced and remarrieds, pope confirms
- Bernie Sanders meets the Pope, and anyone who thinks it was political 'should see a psychiatrist'
- Blow for Pope's reforms as audit into Vatican finances forced to halt
- Benedictine pupils become first English school choir to sing with Pope's Sistine Chapel choir
- With or Without You: Rock guitarist has The Edge over Bono with historic concert at the Sistine Chapel
- Cardinal Pell promises to see out term as treasurer as financial battle rages in Vatican
- New Vatican magazine criticises Church for 'ignoring role of women'
- Pope lambasts weary and ageing Europe as he picks up prestigious Charlemagne Prize
- Pope urges commission to look into allowing women to be ordained as deacons
- It is now impossible to launder money through the Vatican, insists Bank chairman
- Show compassion for each other, not your pet cats and dogs, says Pope
- Italian cardinal under investigation for role in embezzlement of priests' fund
- Campaigners for women's ordination have unprecedented meeting with Vatican representative
- Francis says Church should get political on modern slavery
- Francis moves to make bishops accountable for abuse failings
- Blow for financial transparency as Vatican cancels PwC audit of Church's finances
- Vatileaks: Prosecutors call for prison sentences for defendants
- Dublin archbishop and laywoman appointed to new Vatican communications department
- Names of priests and academics who want Pope to clarify “heretical” teaching revealed
- Vatican statement accuses Polish politicians of creating fear of Muslims
- Pope Francis announces new social justice department
- Pope steps back from role in Colombia’s peace process
- Archbishop Welby and Pope Francis to meet for 'World Day of Prayer for Peace'
- Canonisation of Mother Teresa is Francis’s chance to highlight Church for the poor
- Pope declares Mother Teresa a saint and then feeds 1,500 poor in the Vatican
- Pope to say Mass for Fr Jacques Hamel
- Pope praises Argentinian bishops' correct interpretation of Amoris Laetitia
- Pope cracks down on cash payments in miracle approval process
- Pope comforts weeping relatives of Nice terror attack victims
- Francis meets relatives of Nice terror attacl
- Francis urges bishops to vet priests ahead of ordination
- US Church must become 'agent of healing' post-Trump, says Cardinal-elect
- Order of Malta top official removed from post
- Former Grand Master says knights’ drama 'not finished'
- Pope and Trump expected to meet in May, claim Vatican insiders
- Anti-Pope Francis posters accuse Pontiff of sacking Knights of Malta head
- 'Great drama' continues as Vatican legal chief defends Pope on issue of communion for the remarried
- Pope's stand on indigenous people challenges Trump's oil pipeline order
- Burke pursues justice mission 7,000 miles from Rome
- Scandal of Catholics leading double lives gives ammunition to atheists, says pope
- Pope Francis 'hopes' to visit South Sudan, say country's bishops
Most Read Articles
Put theology before the lawPremium
Manage my subcription hereManage
Sign up for our newsletterSign Up